1: having good luck
2: happening by chance : fortuitous
3: producing or resulting in good by chance : favorable
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn't meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
"You're so lucky," Helen smiled, petting with Sadie's deep brown hair. It hung almost too her elbows, growing so fast she could hardly keep up with it; tendrils of near blackness run a muck.
As Sadie sat in her exile on her bed, she realized that her rashness would only bring more sorrow. The only thing she had power over was herself, and that power might be enough.
“Miss Helen,” she called sweetly, her lip quivering and eyes filling with tears. Helen came to the door, dirty apron, tired eyes. “I’m sorry. You just liked my hair so much; I wanted you to have it.” She offered her foster mother the lock of hair she managed to grab before her banishment.
“Oh sweetie,” Helen swooped in, wrapping her arms around her. Sadie wept gloriously into her shoulder. Her mouth said all the right things, but her eyes never left the door.